View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
longbeachone

Hi Tiger (like that name!)...You've made a first small step by posting here, admitting your problem. Now, if you are serious about saving your marriage and living a happier, calmer, more peaceful life, then it's time to start making a plan. Sometimes, this admission and intent to quit drinking can push your consumption to out of control levels. I'm only saying this to caution you...I've seen this too often lately. Work this information into your plan.

Start with AA. Even if you eventually don't like AA and want to try another program, I think the people and acceptance that you will find at an AA meeting are so unbelievably comforting that it is essential in the early days. Just my opinion.

Can you afford, or will your insurance cover detox/rehab? If they will, do it. It takes away all of the relapse options, at least for a month until you get your bearings. If you can't, or don't want to go this route, then you need to see your Dr about withdrawal issues. Doctors see patients with alcohol related issues every single day, so even though it may feel embarrassing, it's just business as usual for your Dr. If you can't get an appt. go to urgent care. You will be given medicine to help you get through withdrawal.

After you are done physically withdrawing, it will be up to you to deal with staying sober, and this site has fantastic advise and resource help. I say go to AA. It will help A LOT. Good luck Tiger...we're all pulling for you!