View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
iamrecovering

Again, thanks so much for your reply I actually thought of bringing my daughter, 3 1/2, to my home group. To be honest, I'm not sure if I want to expose her to the atmosphere. Mind you, everyone is very respectful in the meetings, language is thrown that is entirely too foul for her to hear... very frustrating. But, you are absolutely right about making the meetings. Someone said to me not too long ago, if you were diagnosed with cancer and needed chemotherapy, would you make every appointment? Of course I would!!! So why can't I make these "appointments." It certainly stuck with me and I feel terribly guilty when I can't make it to a meeting.

I'm definitely going to try and catch some online meetings, I never thought of that.

As far as the sponsor goes, I think I'll keep searching and find a female. I'm also going to try to start working the program on my own and get to work on the first step. Hopefully within a month or so someone will have come along that can be my sponsor.... or I'll keep looking. I won't give up!

Have a wonderful rest of your day and thanks so much again for the advice. It amazes me every day how open and caring everyone is when it comes to recovery. THANK YOU