Thread: Rehab Romance?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
duraduramater

Rehab romance

I haven't been to rehab,but my boyfriend went to rehab for opiates years ago. He hooked up with a girl in there, and they developed what seemed like a significant relationship with each other. He tells me they did not hook up sexually, but I know that is a lie- I found notes they wrote to each other about sex and saw on his phone records that they texted and spoke to each other everyday (more often then we did). I forced him to end the friendship, and they have since then discontinued correspondence, but it still hurts.

I constantly question whether I should stay with him. I wonder if rehab relationships 'count' the same way an affair would on the outside: he says he never would have gotten together with her had they met outside of treatment. But I doubt that, and so many other things he says. We have 3 kids together and he wants to get married. He's been clean for a about a year.

He mentioned that people were hooking up 'left and right' in the rehab, and everyday someone was caught f*cking or whatever.

I guess my point is this: I wish I would have left him when I found out about the other woman, and its best if you do the same. If he didn't even stay two weeks, then he's still out there just using and getting into a deeper ditch- And he will treat the next girl the same as he did to you. Perhaps he has lost interest because you are serious about getting clean? If so, I think you know what to do.

It's been 70% heartache since his affair in rehab, and the pregnancy was an accident (twins are his, and I have another child from previous relationship). What he did with her dominates my mind and emotions. It interferes with my enjoyment with sex. There are times when I have to numb myself to enjoy it, because I feel he wishes I was her. There is something about me that is missing because he risked our relationship for her.

The years we spent together can't compare to some bitch he knew for 45 days. THAT hurts.

Sorry for the rant, but do you really want to end up feeling like this? Take my advice and go forward with YOU. I am bitter, have too many kids and I constantly question my self-worth. Move on.