Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
karate

Originally Posted by JJB View Post
My doctor has prescribed me xanax (half a tablet morning and lunch and one tablet in evening) and I feel too tired/laid back to even go out and buy the usual bottle of wine. Unfortunately I also feel too tired to get to aa meetings which would no doubt do me good so I'm coming on here instead.
I asked doc about the dangers of getting addicted and replacing alcoholism by addiction to benzos to which he replied that alcoholism was such a serious problem that it would be easier to detox from xanax than alcohol.
I'm on day three.
What does your doc think?

Imo- its easier to taper off benzo"s than alochol ,At least they are researched to not be POISON like alochol is .

NUTRITION CANNOT BE UNDERSTATED !!!!!!1

Dont go the candy route for the replacemant of sugars ,I use fresh fruits .

I posted about my antidrink - i just had one ,a fresh apple ,handful of spinich ,handfull of carrots ,bannah ,tablespoon of peanut butter ,1/2 scoop of protien . Throw in 2 cups cold water in blender ,blend and drink .

If you are real fresh in detox id add apple juice in place of the water ,because its sweet .

I also take 1 mens megasport vitinam from GNC ,its reccomended to take 2 ,but i do fine on one .

To answer your question -Benzos like you listed beat anxeity down !
I put half a zanax under my tonque when i get the occasional attack .

NOW -the GOOD part Anxeity will be reduced ALOT when you get the alochol out of your system .

You will feel like a diffrent person ............