Old 07-07-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I was nodding while I was reading this. I felt a lot of what you are describing. For me, coming through loneliness was when I broke free of many of my fears - fear of rejection (from others), fear of speaking to others, fear of opening my self up (vulnerability), etc. And it was after moving through my inventory was I able to pinpoint these things, and then work through them so that I could find the faith to get through these and open myself up to others and vice-versa...and finally get connection to others...something I fought and yet craved all my life.

What I also found was all that talk about boredom was (like most other things in my life) self-created. I was bored because I made my self bored. I did boring things, or did nothing at all. I feared the unknown and stuck with something that pushed anything interesting or fun or creative or positive out of reach and kept me stuck. I stayed stuck in the mud even though I had traction. I just didn't want or know how to use that traction.

I think that once you pass through this inventory (launched!), you will see a lot of things about yourself that will help you get past this phase. I say that because I was the same. As mfanch said, reach out, help newcomers, get out there more at meetings and coffee meetings before and after the meetings. Put yourself out there, as frightening as it may seem. It's never as bad as we make it