Thread: Sponsor
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

It's taken me about a year now of sponsoring to get to that point of detachment with love as well. I too got warped when someone didn't call me or get back to me via phone or text, etc. Like Music said, I am not God, so I am not going to get in the way when someone is determined to go downhill.

I think we all like to think (ego that is) that if we don't show up one day to our homegroup that they we will deluged with flowers and cards and well wishes and concerned calls and texts. It doesn't work that way. While I certainly notice when certain people aren't there at my HG, I just assume that they are working, or sick, or on vacation, or life got in the way. People come in and out of the program often - it's almost part of being in the fellowship to see others ship out or come back in. I just don't have the time to monitor everyone. So in that regard, it's not that people don't care.

And as mentioned, being a part of the group, being open, being available, being active...these are the things that get us closer to others and to the group. It allows us to be of service...and that is where people will "notice" you more. But the one thing I have learned is that getting attention and acceptance from others isn't going to make me happy in the end. That comes from within.

Give your old sponsor a ring. Hammer this all out. See where your feet land