View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I think I will try the lemon juice thing, although lemons are expensive up here in the arctic. I've been doing two things healthwise that I am thoroughly enjoying. One is taking 2 tablespoons of Omega oil each day. I take it straight with a water chaser. Actually doesn't taste bad after a few days...I kinda like it now. I had two joint injuries that are so much better after 3 months of this.

Secondly, I started working out. Really working out, on top of my favorite sports. One hour a day, 6 days a week, and then hiking or bike riding or skiing in the winter. But one hour of extreme work out (its a mix of yoga, pilates, plyometrics, resistance, and aerobics). I'm about 8 weeks in and down one pant size (close to two!) on top of slimming down in all areas and really toning up. It feels awesome! I look better, feel better, sleep better, and am generally in a more pleasant mood overall. And I swear folks, working out and getting the endorphins revving just makes life so much brighter!

It just feels good to take good care of ourselves, whatever form that may take. Even for just an hour a day.

Great thread, Firesprite! Very inspiring.
~T
YOU GO GIRL!!!

TG, that is exactly what I'm working toward. I want & NEED to start feeling better about myself physically & I am LAZY about exercise when I've been out of the habit for too long. It's d@mn hot here in South FL at this time of year but I managed to score one of those old steppers at a Goodwill so that I can walk inside when it's too hot outside. I HAVE GOT to get back on the exercise wagon, no more excuses!

I'm trying to make one change at a time instead of flooding myself with too many changes at once & then dropping them all out of frustration. (and feeling badly about myself for failing & damaging the self-esteem I'm trying to rebuild) I tell myself I'm just going to TRY it for 30 days & then reassess at that point, figuring by then it's become a habit. I'm about 3 weeks in with the lemon thing, 2 months or so in on using Reiki as a therapy. I also got a book on reiki that focuses on healing yourself so I'm hoping to read up on that over the weekend (we all have this ability, it's just a matter of opening up our minds & understanding how to manipulate/direct energy).

I'm going through lemons faster than I ever have before & I'm seriously considering looking into planting my own tree, lol. I originally wanted to do the Master Cleanse that uses lemons as part of a 10-day fast, but I'm too wimpy right now, it seems intense!