Old 06-10-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Originally Posted by stressed710 View Post
Hello! We are actively looking for an animal based rehab facility. By animal based, I mean something on a farm type of setting or something with taking care of animals. I've been searching but can only seem to find facilities with animal visits. So far, my boyfriend thinks the best hope for recovery is work with something he likes, animals. Any input would be appreciated!
Hi Stressed,

I think its great your BF is thinking about what he needs & wants from a treatment center. There are a lot of options these days, and I personally think its best if people are able to tailor treatment. Keep in mind, prices for rehab vary, and sometimes it goes along with what services are offered. My husband was in rehab for 3 months. His rehab did use therapy animals, but I don’t think it was as intensive as what you guys are thinking about. For example, they would go out and spend the day horseback riding through trails, but the horses did not belong to the rehab. They were not responsible for their overall care. We are on the West Coast and there seems to be a lot of equine therapy out this way. I know many rehabs also allow patients to bring a pet with them. I did a quick google on drug rehab/animal therapy, equine therapy, and here are a few I found:

Michaels House Drug Rehab
CottonWood Tucson Drug Rehab
Tiger Mountain Recovery
English Mountain Recovery
Cirque Lodge
Sierra Tucson Drug Rehab
Promises Drug Rehab (wolf)
Recovery Ranch Drug Rehab
Touchstone Ranch Recovery Center
The Meadows Drug Recovery
Quiet Creek Farm Drug Rehab