View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 07:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
gratefulgal

be proud of yourself

Originally Posted by S-ROD
I told my sister and you know what she says to me..."Yeah, i guess it's good but i don't believe you" She thinks i am doing drugs still now and then. I said "as an addict, i couldn't just do them now and then, i would be doing them all the time and lying and stealing again." It just got me so upset. I tell my parents and my aunt, they say "oh really, it doesn't seem like that long" No, way to go, keep it up, NO SUPPORT AT ALL.

S-ROD,
I'm sure it's virtually impossible to not let what your loved ones say affect you. Just try to remember that you are doing an amazing thing by not using. Also try to remember where your family is coming from and that they are sick too (maybe sicker than us). They have probably been very hurt and do not trust you at this point. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just remembering some of the things my counselor told us at rehab about the family situation. Keep going to meetings and this website because that is where you seem to be getting your healthy support from. Your family may or may not understand eventually, but my counselor told us something very helpful to me: For those who understand, no explanation is necessary and for those who do not understand, no explanation is possible. Hang in there