View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Angiekins3

Dehydration and Alcohol ?

Today is day 8 and its been difficult at times but I am hanging on and I havent slipped so I am very happy.
I started not to feel well (before I stopped drinking) my hands and feet would go numb I would feel faint. I went to the Dr and they told me I was dehydrated. It had happened to me once before I felt ill and I was so dehydrated that they put me on IV in the doctors office right away and that time they did ask me if I had been drinking the night before. OF COURSE I lied even though I drank about 2 liters of wine as I did almost every night. Well now its has all come to a screeching halt but I did go for full blood work up and I am having a physical today. I am nervous of the results and to tell you the truth since I have stopped drinking the numbness and faint feelings have not been as bad. Could it be that?? My dad has cirrochis and kidney failure from drinking so I know it can make you deathly ill, but I have not put the two and two together till today?
Has anyone else had this or similar situations before. I mean if you drink more alcohol than water ?? what did I think would happen? never thought about it.
Thank you
Angie