View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gmoney
Evolving Addict

Hi Djp1000...I'm Gmoney and I'm an addict.

After reading your post, I can't help but to come away from it with more questions than I have suggestions for you to find your solutions. I'm wondering why you've made the decision to switch sponsors over 5 times in 6 years (?). I wondering whether you've been clean the entire 6 years you say you've been in NA (?). Have you ever read NA's IP called "Self-Acceptance?" I'm wondering why you're unable or unwilling to speak up and tell these people what you're sharing here?

I have no advice to give because I prefer to offer experience...and it has been my experience to find that (most of the time) when people let me down it's because I placed an unrealistic expectation on them or myself. I've also found that when I'm too easy to run away when I'm not getting what I want, I usually don't get what I want from other sources either.

When I first came to NA I would hear oldtimers talk about "No matter where I go...I take me with me!" I came to understand that this also applies to the outcomes I have in relationships. It's inventory stuff, really. If I were you, I'd inventory why I've had to change sponsors so frequently...and not the part they played, but specifically inventory my patterns of thinking and behavior.

Best wishes.