Thread: Kicked out
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DryRoastJim

Hello! Welcome to SR this is the greatest (and potentially life saving) resource you can find! Please read the stories and use the various resources here to help you to understand alcohol.

Originally Posted by blisskickout View Post
So in celebration, we went to the beach and bought a shitload of alcohol.
This is not un-common!! There are many reasons why we connect celebration and alcohol. The challenge is when you do have a reason to celebrate do it without involving alcohol!!

I know I hurt them... all of them went out of town right after the trip so I was left alone to bring myself to the hospital..
REALLY?! Wow I'm so glad they care about you as much as you care about them (sarcasm all the way here!). Be wary of "friends" like this. Also understand what a "drinking bud" vs a "real friend" is, it will help you to keep sober!

So when I finally decided to go to our house and talk to my friends, I was taken aback as to how grave the situation is. They raised the issue of me going out of control and doing stuff that are detrimental to my health, stuff that could kill me.
Yeah, couch professionals here! So glad they took the time to help you BEFORE any of this crap happened.

One of them advised me to get professional help, not to brag about **** but I do have a very high IQ (i am a mensa member) but have always struggled with abuse of substances and other things.
Booze could care less if you are sitting in a gutter or at the top of a fortune 500 company, IQ means nothing to booze!

I have been severely overweight in my teens and managed to go down a healthier size although I am still overweight now.
No one is perfect, and for the right now, this isn't important. What is important is to get sober and stay sober. Worry about all the fiddlybits later!

i will see a professional on tuesday.
You are on the right track! Do whatever it takes to keep you sober!!!

Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Take care and be well!