View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 09:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
3legacy

(((((((((SR A-Z #'s included, intellectual,ignorant or otherwise)))))))))
I'm grateful to have had some personal experience with the author of "Walk in my Moccasins" at an AA Group called Fresh Start in Bellevue, WA. ( I think that was the name of Paul's Story when he had his secretary write it out for him. Apparently GSO Literature Committee was given some measure of editorial authority in the process). I had a few conversations with Paul after a Winter Holiday speaking engagement he had done. Our conversations around a friends coffee table were often about UNITY in Alcoholics Anonymous.

Tradition One comes before Tradition Three for good reason. Paul never expressed much of what I see many addicts and/or alcoholic-addicts/addict-alcoholics trying to attribute to him. From what I've personally heard, read, or know from personal interactions with the man he was often misunderstood by folks with their own personal agendas. Many who never really wanted what he or AA has to offer in the first place. Hopefully someday they too will investigate the First Tradition before twisting other Traditions, or other peoples words for their own selfish ends.

I'll accept it but only for the moment, if it continues it then becomes my responsibility to act with courage and seek wisdom, chuckle at the ignorance and lovingly call my friend(if he happens to be one) on the ******** he is espousing. Many twist Paul's words quite often, and they can all they wish, but for me............. I like what he wrote in one of his Sponsees (a dear friend of mine) Big Book - "Thank God WE have Three parts to the Serenity Prayer & Unity in Alcoholics Anonymous."

((((((((SR A-Z #'s included)))))))))))
3Legs