View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fernaceman
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by paul99 View Post
Not to nit pick (ok, I am ), but this is one of the few times that I see something in DR that I feel is perhaps worded improperly. If I can choose sobriety for today, then I don't have the obsession of the mind, and I am not alcoholic. I don't choose sobriety for today - I have surrendered to alcoholism and have given God my life and my will. He has removed the obsession - I have lost the power of choice.

Nonetheless, freedom is something that we have - not a relief, but true freedom. There is such a difference! To be unshackled from the tyranny of alcoholism is life changing.
NIT PICKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I like the reading. NEW freedom is not something I am really familiar with right now. I want a new freedom and new happiness, but what that will be, I don't know. Is it this? Maybe I need to accept my situation. But what does that even mean? How do I practice the principles in all my affairs? Keeping it simple comes to mind, because I like to obsess and try to become more perfect all the time, which is impossible. We are not saints, but I sure would like to be in my mind sometimes.