View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Miller05

i was just watching a rerun of dr phil about addiction. this woman...a stay at home wife/mom who has 4 kids...all under 10 is addicted to perscription drugs. she is a mess. does everything bad...neglects her kids, does drugs all day long, fights with her husband (about her drug use), and is just in a really bad place. you know how they show the video of her during the day on that show to show the audience what her day is like, right? well...she is just a mess. and then she has an affair with some guy...could be a dealer, who knows?

the husband gives her an ultimatum with the help of dr phil to get her life together by first going to rehab. this is a life or death situation now because the drugs are killing her.

her husband is devastated that she cheated on him....and that she is an addict and he's got all these kids.

so, she desparately wants to get help too..and from the studio set, she goes to rehab to get clean.

i dont think the drugs made her cheat on her husband...but she is all messed up. yes, she needs to be accountable for her actions...and deal with that with her husband....but first and foremost she needs to get clean. her husband loves her. he wants to keep the family together. they both do.

as i mentioned...there are some people who do drugs everyday and dont cheat...but like i said before, what else are they doing? i know it isnt good. it is probably something really horrible...just not cheating. they have to be accountable for all of that bad behavior. just like that lady on dr phil has to be accountable for being a horrific mom to her kids...almost hurting them, destroying her family, destroying her marriage, and yes, of course cheating. no passes.

did i mention that the lady from rehab who got her baby addicted to heroin while pregnant.....actually got pregnant by a married man? and he already had a family. when she lost custody...the baby went to HIS parents....now talk about a crazy situation. she made some bad decisions while active...bad, bad, bad.

from these meetings...honestly....i just havent met a drug addict who gets high everyday and makes good decisions. just like the addcits told me in group...while active...they will do one, some, or all of the following in some way...gauranteed: lie, steal, cheat, beat up people, manipulate, get in trouble with the law, hurt their families by doing unthinkable/unspeakable things, wreck cars, drain the bank accounts, hang with losers who do bad things, and yes **** around.

and you know what? the high functioning ones....like my husband...they are the worst. why? because they are masters at lying.

how in the world can you have a moral compass and snort coke everyday? that is what they said in rehab...and it really made sense!!