Old 01-24-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nogard
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by drunkyjules View Post
I guess I feel like I need to fess up to her because she is such a good friend of mine and this has happened so many times before. She wants to go out for some drinks with the girls and I'm making excuses why I can't. She basically is like "whats your excuse this time".

Its hard to say. The only two people I have told is my live-in boyfriend and my sister, that was proabably five years ago and when I finally got the words out of my mouth they both wanted to say no, no your not. They just didn't want to believe it. Well now, 5 years later and the progression of my disease and I can say I think they really believe me. I've proved myself right.

As far as a program I'm still putting it together. I've gone to AA but not regularly. I'm on SR, trying to exercise. I think my program is going to be a combo of things and haven't quite figured it out.

What do you do to stay sober?

Maybe I'm sick of making excuses to my friend and I just need to get it out. But I'm scared. I know in the past I've treated her poorly cause I was to drunk to care and I do owe her an apology. I've felt guilty for awhile about that, when she needed me I wasn't there, I was drunk.
I go to NA have been a member for years now and it works for me because practice my program on a daily basis, but I understand now that there are many ways to walk along the path of recovery and they all have common elements of support action honesty friendship. SR was the first in my recovery and it probably saved my life.

So if I may suggest to you, find a program that suits you and do that and surround yourself with people who you admire and relate to in that program. In my case I needed to be gentle with myself and others as I had been so beaten and beaten myself up for years.

I feel for you and support you from here

Here is a link on SR for some of the different types of recovery programs:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

Kevin