Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
drunkyjules
Jules

I guess I feel like I need to fess up to her because she is such a good friend of mine and this has happened so many times before. She wants to go out for some drinks with the girls and I'm making excuses why I can't. She basically is like "whats your excuse this time".

Its hard to say. The only two people I have told is my live-in boyfriend and my sister, that was proabably five years ago and when I finally got the words out of my mouth they both wanted to say no, no your not. They just didn't want to believe it. Well now, 5 years later and the progression of my disease and I can say I think they really believe me. I've proved myself right.

As far as a program I'm still putting it together. I've gone to AA but not regularly. I'm on SR, trying to exercise. I think my program is going to be a combo of things and haven't quite figured it out.

What do you do to stay sober?

Maybe I'm sick of making excuses to my friend and I just need to get it out. But I'm scared. I know in the past I've treated her poorly cause I was to drunk to care and I do owe her an apology. I've felt guilty for awhile about that, when she needed me I wasn't there, I was drunk.