Thread: Feelings
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
TrixMixer

Originally Posted by pattyj View Post
I hate having to feel feelings now that I am sober.
I turned 30 yesterday. My boyfriend didn't have anything planned, didn't get me anything. Asked me where I wanted to go for dinner the morning of my birthday. He had recently bought himself a car, a 3D TV and new shoes.
Edited by TrixMixer for space

HI Patty, and Happy 30th,

I must preface what I am about to say by telling you I am Not a Big celebratory person and neither is my Husband. A check for my Birthday and Xmas and a big present for our 10, 15, 20 year anniversary. I have a wonderful life with him and don't want or need gifts or cards from anyone. ......BUT that is me.

You however, girlfriend, have a seemingly very selfish little boy for a boyfriend.
Irregardless of what you did for him or what your sister got for her birthday, if you were hurt by an inconsiderate boyfriend (and You were), you should talk to him first chance you get and let him know how you feel. If you keep it in it will fester and derail your relationship. So your boyfriend will either understand or not--if not he does not care about you the way you thought, than you deserve better.

Do I sound like Dear Abbey, LOL!

I can tell you this if I were still drinking I would have gone for his throat , even when my burthday is no big deal. I was always VERY indignant when drinking, so the feelings you have are genuine because you are seeing them through SOBER eyes.

Good luck getting through to you guy while he is driving his NEW car and watching his New 3D T.V.

Stay strong and stay sober,
TrixMixer:day1