View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
benice

I found a pattern in my relapses!

So today is day 6 for this go around. I just went back to analyze my progress and found a blatant pattern. Apparently, I can fight the fight and make it through the day to day trials and tribulations and even make it through the seemingly impossible days, but the 3 times I fell were in the days that immediately followed large gatherings in my home where alcohol was served.

In July I made it 32 days, made it through my father-in-laws funeral, made it through the reception in my home (yes, alcohol was served) and then fell the week after. So I started again in September and made it about 85 days, made it through Thanksgiving in my home (where alcohol was once again served) and then fell the day after. Made it another 25 days, made it through hosting Christmas Eve at my home, and fell the day after Christmas.

I think I didn’t see the pattern, because I was so proud of myself for hosting these events without having anything to drink. I am hosting a shower this month. Someone else will be providing the wine and I am sure that I can do this without drinking. But now I know to be vigilant the days that follow the shower.

December 30 is my new day one.