View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SAD3

Camperboy, yes that is exactly how I function with my drinking.....late at night. And I had to chuckle when you mentioned your wife getting up and telling you to go to bed, my husband has said that many times over the years, but he believes I'm really working on my studies, which I am....but taking twice as long to accomplish due to refreshing my cocktail or glass of wine..
FreeFall, I think it's because I am highly functioning that I've continued my drinking...and if I can only attack it like I have in my other aspects of life I should beat it.
SoberFallen, my girls have luckily been shielded from my darker side, for the most part. My oldest who is 15, she is on occassion making a comment to me like (with sarcasm only a teenager can produce) "nice mom, you seemed like you had a good time" (rolling eyes) when we entertain company for example. So now I am highly aware of how closely kids do actually pay attention. Oh, and yes, I am an alcoholic...a highly functioning, physically fit, professional, and all around put together alcoholic....maybe the worst kind (my sarcasm).