View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Huglets

Hi SAD! Thanks so much for telling us a bit about yourself. You indeed do have a hectic life!

I have spent my entire adult life as an active alcoholic, except for 1 1/2 years. I'm 45. Eke. So much of my time spent in a drunken stupor. I raised a daughter who is now almost 21 who spent her childhood and adolescence with a raging alcoholic. I first became sober when she was 18 and am currently on Day 12 from a relapse.

I suppose I'm telling you this so you can try to avoid the difficulty I presented to my daughter. You have 3 beautiful children and they deserve a Mom who is fully present. I only say this because I'm somewhat jealous that you have an opportunity that I can never get back.

I'm sorry you had to experience this past weekend. You're obviously strong and I'm sure you can overcome anything you'd like!

Keep posting and reading on SR. I found this website several months ago but only mustered enough courage to join a little over a week ago. I am now pretty obsessed about logging on and reading! It's incredibly helpful and definitely a safe place to say what's on your mind. We may all be a bit different in life, but when it comes to drinking we're family. I've found that only alcoholics (not calling you an alcoholic, but I am definitely one) can understand alcoholics!