Old 12-05-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mistiblue528

I was on opiates for thirty years and thought suboxone would be my only way out. Now it is just another pill for me. I have been on suboxone for two years and up and down on my dosage. The doc knows I cannot afford it and encourages me to taper off constantly. It just seems so hard. I work as a waitress and the suboxone helps my back pain and to work hard. On the other hand it changes my personality and makes me a bit unpredictable. I really want to stop but know I will be sick and then how do I work? I am so tired of being on it and I cannot afford it anymore. I am the type to have trouble weaning and would do better just to be sick if I could afford it. I don't know what to do. I am supposed to be weaning now and this month I went right back up to two a day. I have to go into my doc's office with my head hung down in shame again and listen to her tell me to TAPER OFF! I really just cannot afford this anymore and wish I could just go off cold turkey. I am alone with a ten year old daughter who is relying on me and I want to be her clean and sober mommy. I hope I can do this. I am gearing up for a cold turkey quit.