Old 12-03-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
shaun00

I like the words......be the light on the hill...

I recall my first sponsor, his contentment and quietness used to bug the life out of me !!...i cant remember him being disturbed by much.
But......that attracted me also, caught my interest , ....my mind wanted the guy with the girls at his feet, the guy with the fast car, and the guy that could quote whole paragraphs of the book at once !! lol

And yet.....something drew me to him, a kinda peace , a kinda detachment, smiling without smiling if you get me ...so i had a little look at the book he had in the car....he was the light on the hill.

I was recently approached by a guy i knew a long time ago...he approached me on face book...years sober and lost.....I believe god put people in my way if i have something to give....be that AA..the supermarket...or SR...maybe i can attract people like my sponsor did, by being quietly humble..rather than the bleeding deacon at a meeting.....i hope and pray i can be the light on the hill.....

Ps....my new friend is about to write inventory, we have spent many happy hours together...one alkie to another...and dare i say it, the beginning of a tiny flame can be seen in his eyes......this deal is better than all the chocolate cakes in all the world ..lol