View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
shaun00

Originally Posted by BadCompany View Post
I'll take anyone through the steps. Anyone. Men, women, other peoples sponsees, no ones sponsees. I keep a couple of notebooks in my vehicles just for that purpose. I don't give a **** if I'm stepping on someones toes. I don't. I have had people pissed at me. I have been sent messages. I don't care if they dump their sponsor and have me sponsor them. I don't care if they work the steps with me and they keep their old sponsor. Getting the new guy through the steps is what we do here. If we fail at that the new guys failure is our fault.

This is a blood sport. Don't ever forget that.
Much the same sir, do we as recovered alcoholics have time to tippy toe around people to guide a newcomer towards a vital power.?...in my experience some are gone and buried within a blink of an eye..

The situation you describe happens a lot here....although, i would say, often the story is not quite as the newcomer describes.

In my experience...still suffering alcoholics sometimes have "sponsors"..are sometimes years dry....but have know idea how too break out of that gnawing
malady inside...