View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
TSDD

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Working step 5. Having to do this in stages due to work commitments, both mine and my sponsors.
I went through my fears last night. My sponsor again suggested I seek help from a therapist. I really don't want to do this.
It's making me feel really reluctant to be honest with her when I do the rest of it, I feel I want to trivialise everything so she doesn't suggest it again. I even had thoughts last night of dropping AA and looking for other recovery methods. She said last night that I was a complex case and she was concerned. I want to finish it and move on and I'm faltering now.
I don't feel I'm overly complex. I just want to be sober. Maybe AA can't help me?
Plenty of people do 5th with a priest or other professional. You might consider that if you want to proceed past it without getting uncomfortable with her.

That being said, plenty of people seek outside help if they have issues that are beyond the scope of what AA is capable of dealing with.

I promise you that however unique you feel there's 1000's of people with an identical story and set of circumstances that are staying sober and living happy useful lives today with the help of AA. Don't let one member reflect on a fellowship of 6 million as a whole.