Thread: 5 days sober
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FenwayFaithful

I'm on Day 5 too and I don't think my alcoholic brain has fully given up that idea. I think I'm still kind of stuck on Step 1 and admitting I'm POWERLESS over alcohol. I think maybe that's one of the toughest steps to take because we want to think like oh well I'm not powerless because I didn't drink for 5 days but as soon as you pick that drink back up everything spirals out of control but sometimes you can have selective memory...I find that to have been a very common them in the times I've broken my sober time.
For now every time I crave I run or I read a book or I go to a meeting or call a friend but it gets kind of frustrating I don't always want to be distracting myself but I think when you're as early into sobriety as we are that's really all you can do.
Hopefully someday we will love being sober so much more that those cravings are few and far between and we don't drink because we truly WANT to be sober...not because we want to not drink...if that makes sense..at all...it probably doesn't it's too late here in Mass
This was like the least helpful post ever but it 4 AM and I am really tired & I just wanted you to know you're 100 percent not alone and I feel the same exact way. It's really really hard to accept that.