View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pearl1806

Thumbs down 21 year old, second day sober

hi everyone
I have started my second day of being sober today, and I want it to continue. I am 21 and i dont want to keep living like i have been, i dont want to throw my life away. I am living at college which is not the ideal place to become sober I realise, and studying law at university. I am scared of what i am turning into, the last time i drank I had 2 bottles of vodka by myself in my room. I have had trouble with drinking over the past 3 years or so, and while I would not be able to stop at parties very often, the real problem is drinking my myself, during/ before uni and work, just to help me get through.
I know there are other young people who have decided to become sober, but I feel very alone in all this, my friends at college all drink a fair amount when they go out, it is a deeply entrenched culture, and I am always susceptible to peer pressure, even if it merely the fact that everyone else is getting drunk.
I plan on going to my first AA meeting tonight, I am very apprehensive about it, I don't want to feel I am the only one my age stupid and weak enough to get in this horrible place so early in life.
Sorry if this post seems very disjointed, I don't really know what to write so I am just typing what comes into my head!

Thanks!