View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by jadebambirose View Post
I should have clarified when I meant "normal" amounts. My "normal" amount isn't small by any means but it has been a steady large amount since I was young. It may have increased when I was 18 or so because I guess I was getting tolerant to it. My point being is I can drink ALOT one night and little the next, and the blackout varies. Some nights I drink tons and can't even get drunk, no blackout. Other nights I won't even be trying to be super messed up and a blackout happens. There is never any warning. These blackouts don't seem like other peoples blackouts so I'm wondering if there's a reason..
Everyone responds to alcohol in different ways, my sister could never be an alcoholic because she falls asleep after one glass of wine.. I've always had a high tolerance but some spirits made me black out. I could drink beer forever though so did that instead (not with good consequences I should add). Thing is there is nothing you can do about the way you respond to alcohol, but you can choose whether or not you drink. It was a relief to me when I stopped trying to control alcohol and just let it go. It's so nice not having to worry about what's going to happen if I do drink.