View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
madkarma

18 year old daughter using?

Good Morning,

I am writing this with a heavy heart as are most I would assume when they come here for help. My daughter has been changing for the past few months. I thought that it was just from graduating high school and searching for independence; however, I'm starting to believe more is going on.

My daughter turned 18 in June and immediately started talking about moving out. I encouraged her to save her money and in September when winter rentals are plentiful, to look then with a friend for her own place if that was what she really wanted to do. (We live in a resort community, so winter rentals are offered in the off season long term). She chose not to save money and although she had gotten a lot of money from graduation, she started receiving notices from her bank that she was overdrawn. When questioned, she said that since she was a new member at the bank they hold the checks for a long time and some had just not cleared yet.

I was skeptical but not suspicious at this time. Almost 3 weeks ago, she moved out the day after she totaled her car by running it into a tree. She said she slid off the road. Her dad got angry and yelled. She used that as an excuse to move out, saying he treated her horribly.

She has been withdrawing from our family. I have tried to keep in contact these past three weeks and she hardly responds. Yesterday, I went to confront her and her pupils were pinpoints and she seemed so different. Her attitude has been hardened and she shows no emotion. I'm afraid she might be using Opiates after doing some research, but wanted some insight from people. What should I be doing???