Old 09-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Becron

That's exactly how I'm feeling about. I am starting to resnt him so much has gone wrong in the yrs we've spent using. I decided for me not for anyone else I want to go to in patient recovery because I know I can't do it alone without support. He says "I need to quit to but I know I can do it alone I've done it before" I say to him you've done it before and your still using so to me that means you can't do it alone your attempts to quit have failed. Todays a really bad day he is sick and in need and he aims all of his comments at me almost like blaming me. I told him you need to realize this is your addiction you can't blame anyone until you realize that you won't get better. He tells me I think I'm an expert now. He says things like I need to quit but I can't miss work or how am I going to quit while ur in rehab and I'm with the kids and working. Today he said I'm going to tell my parents but I'm going to wait till tues I don't want to ruin their holiday wkend. Do you see the pattern I see? Its always I'm going to or I can't yet. When I decided I wanted to quit I knew that minute no matter if it was christmas! I had to call my parents if I didn't do it then I was giving myself an excuse. I'm not saying I'm better then him. I'm saying I feel we are at different places in our addiction. All the talk about it from him seems to be aimed at me a nd resentful. I just don't want to come home and witness his addiction him chasing the drug waiting for his check to come and spending all of it him knotting out on the couch and not wanting to live life. I can't make him do anything I know he wants to sometime but I don't think its now. I know he feels like he has to say it because I'm going to rehab. He also said to me I never supported him when he tried to quit so why should support me. Like I said his habit seems to have gotten worse since I. Told him I'm going away and I told my parents. And his tantrums at me have gotten worse. So all I think about is what coming home going to be like? Has anyone been threw this?