Old 09-01-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Becron

should i stay with him? afraid of coming home to my addict husband.

going to rehab husband is not but says hes quitting

Won't make this a long post but I am going to inpatient rehab the 3rd. I'm getting scared nervous even angry now. I'm afraid of coming home to my own husband who uses the same doc just as much if not more then me. He says he's going to quit annd do it alone. I can't do it that way. However he needs to quit on his own and do it for him I know that much. He has shown no will or wanting to quithhasnt doneanything to make me believe he's going to. One thing I cann say is his use has gotten worse since I've told him I'm going probably due to stress. Being that he will betaking care of our 3 children (with the help of my parents) and working full time while I'm gone. He's spending more money he's is having worse mood swings then usualeven tantrums at time when I won't give him money or refuse to call the friends/hookups to score for himwhen he's low. I just say over and over is this what I'm going to come home to?? He says no. But whatsgoing to change between then and now? We've been married 7 yrs been together 13 6 of which we have been addicts together. I feel like its not going to work that I'm going to change and he's going to continue to sink this ship by using and spending money and putting temptation in my face. I know he wants me to quit and he may very well "want " to as well but wanting and doing are two diff things. I almost feel like he wants me to quit to save him money. He isn't a bad man aside from his mood swings and our habit. He's a loving father he works full time. Ijust want to know if anyone has. Gone threw this and is there a shot in hell for us? I know he loves me and well for me I think I'm in love with the idea of having the man I met 13 yrs ago back. But there's another side that is ready to change everything when I get out I want to start a new lifewith my kidsI want to beindependant.I'm torn I know I feel likethatbecausethe thought of being with him if he doesn't quit is daughnting. Anyone been threw this and what was your experiance??