View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Welcome to the board! There are siblings here and many of the experiences with addicts transcend the type of relationship one has with them.

I'm mainly here because of the recent problems with my AH; but I should have joined years ago due to the ongoing problems with my A-sis who has been an addict for the past 20 years or maybe more. I believe she started with pot, booze and LSD around age 14. Meth is her drug of choice. We were so close growing up. It has been a reoccurring heartache that continually has robbed our family's peace, consumed time, energy and resources; has put myself and even my children in danger and has chipped at my father's health. I can see now how this behavior has been detrimental to everyone. Recently she said she found an inpatient rehab ministry; my dad was all excited and whenever he thinks someone or some entity is going to feed, clothe and shelter her he starts meddling, stewing and sending money. I love my dad and hate to see how he worries. I told him this time, hands off the addict, your money will be no good in helping her, it hasn't for 20 years.

Your parents need to let go of him or he will never get better. Their money is no good here, it furthers the misery. He must hit rock bottom, whatever that is to him on his own. Keep reading!