View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
kmangel

I've never been an emotional eater. When I'm upset I stop eating and start cleaning!

Not that I don't ever eat the wrong things as I do. I eat when I'm feeling good, so for me I don't have anything that I will binge on in the house. Make sure there are no unhealthy foods in your pantry. It's too easy to cave in when the junk food is calling your name. That's why I always waited until the last minute to buy my children's candy for holidays--I couldn't keep out of it!

Another suggestion I heard once was to do something totally unrelated to food when a craving comes--like take a shower. Can't eat and shower at the same time. Cravings only last a short period of time so by the time you get out of the shower they should have passed. People may wonder about your sudden fascination with cleanliness, though!

Hang in there. You are doing the right thing and doing the right thing is usually the more difficult option available to us. Perhaps this is the beginning of your boyfriend finally owning up to his dysfunction and you are giving him a gift of freedom to decide for himself what he wants to do.

Go pamper yourself this weekend. What would you really like to do for yourself? Start thinking about that, planning your weekend, and enjoy the anticipation.