View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
HopefulGF, I hope that you help yourself more, to become less enmeshed in his addiction and maybe more into what's good for you. Have you tried any meetings?

Al-anon, Nar-Anon and CoDa are three similar fellowships that have helped many of us regain our balance and sanity. Maybe give them a try.

Hugs
Ann, I had to come back and re-read this as it renews the strength I need to keep fighting forward. Boy it has been a long, hard, painful and tearful road. When I first came here, there were people here at all stages of this journey and the ones who had been through it all gave me advice I wasn't yet ready to hear. We all have our breaking points and this may sound trivial, but I think we are stronger coming out of these situations when we reach them vs. making the decision before we are ready. If we leave too soon (even though "too soon" is much longer than we should have stayed), we may feel guilty, responsible or any other way that would be so easy to get tricked back into the relationship. But now, where I've had ENOUGH, as much as I love him, I know I cannot go back, won't go back, and I know I won't cave.