View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
graham641

Originally Posted by xxjamiexx View Post
Hi, im 24 hours without alcohol. i have been drinking since i was 15 im 27 now. My alcohol worker wont give me a home detox and has referred me to residential detox because of dangers. Ive been waiting too long. I need to give up NOW. Im sleeping and being sick. got pains in my stomach. shaking sweating etc. im drinking plenty milk and water. My partner is with me. This is the worst day of my life. Is there anything to make it easier
I have self-detoxed myself a few times. It is not fun. The last time that I tried I went 4 days and thought that I was out of the woods. Ha...on the 5 day I went into full DT's or had a psychotic break. It is hard to tell the difference. I thought that I was dead and everyone that I knew was dead. A friend came by to check on me and I was out of my mind. I did not even know what country I was in. Please take your friends advice and go to the ER. They will re-hydrate you, feed you the necassary balanced diet that is so important. Avoid the torture of self-detox.