View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DONUT

Weight loss after stopping drinking

i have lost 30 kg (~4 stone i think in imperial) since i stopped drinking- i didn't realise how much of my calorie intake was due to the drink until i stopped- the problem is i never really ate until after I was drunk - so nothing until after work -drink -etc then eating late- now the pattern is changed and i find i can only really cope with drinks and I don't seem to be able to eat proper food- several decades of an abyssmal pattern of drinking- eating has left we with a big eating problem.. As i mentioned in another post, abstinence has brought out massive anxiety, depression and other pysche issues etc and the weight issue may also be tied in with this but it makes sense that i was getting so many of my calories from the drink and now it's gone ... at present i am surviving on energy build up drinks because i am concerned re the weight loss ... I assume others have found similar problems - any tips (p.s. my GP has warned me that the liquid diet is okay for now but obviously getting onto a "normal" diet is really important long term)
thanks again
D