View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JokersGirl

I used to use meth and cocaine.

I was diagnosed with depression, ADHD, and anxiety.

Ive taken Ritalin and Vyvanse for it. I also take Celexa for depression When i am taking meds as prescribed, it makes me not want to do drugs. I do not abuse my meds. It honestly has decreased that urge.

There are nonstimulant ADHD meds. Strattera and Wellbutrin. Ive tried both. Neither helped me but they do work for many. Ive tried many antidepressants and Celexa works the best for me.

I do better with a stimulant med. I do not crave illicit drugs when medicated. I do not "feel" my medication or get high from it. At all. If you dont think you can trust yourself have your wife hold and dispense your meds. My husband did that for a year til i felt trustworthy. Also Vyvanse cant be crushed and snorted as it has to go through your GI tract to work. It turns into a small dose of dexedrine that is released very slowly. I found it to be effective for 8-12 hours. Unfortunately it interfered with my sleep so i am back on Ritalin and Celexa. I want to try it again though or something like it. I liked once a day dosing.

I am sure i could get high from it. If i took a bunch. But i dont want to. I dont feel as crazy in my brain and i dont have that urge. Some times i will miss it but there is so much i dont miss. Plus if i done that i would run out and be a ding dong! That would be bad!

For some maybe these meds are a bad idea but they have been a Godsend for me. Just be careful. If you think you will abuse them and still want to go ahead with it have someone hold them. Try the non stimulants first.

It is not like meth because the dose is so small. I used as much as a gram of meth a day. My med i take ORALLY, 40-60 mg a day. I take a little pill and go about my day. Some days i do not even need my pill if it is a weekend (but i ALWAYS take my antidepressant). A little 20 mg Ritalin pill or 50 mg Vyvanse capule is nothing like when i used meth. I do not act shady and feel paranoid. I do not feel any joy or pleasure from taking my med. It is a little pill I swallow, not a bunch of rocks i hide in the bathroom and smoke! Its a lot different. I cant feel it. Other people can tell it is working and i can stay on task better.

I wish id have been diagnosed and tried meds first. My life would have been way easier. I could do without some of the knowledge i have and the things i have seen.

I wish you luck. Meth SUCKS.