View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sugarbear1
~sb

Nap time over and I wasn't quite alert, so I misread what you had written....

Stevie Nicks is a woman (from Fleetwood Mac) who never had children.

Joe Walsh wrote the song "Emma" for his daughter who died as a result of an auto accident. Stevie Nicks did write/sing the song "Has Anyone Ever Written a Song for You?" which was also about Joe Walsh's daughter, Emma.

Eric Clapton wrote "Tears in Heaven" after his 4 year old died after falling out of a 53rd floor window and landing on top of a 4 story rooftop accidentally

(sorry, I just love Stevie Nicks, so it's one of the few women singers names I do know)

to break their anonymity, all 3 of these musicians had problems, Eric started a rehab in Antigua.....

From what I've read, if you lived through the world of music, you've most likely consumed large quantities of alcohol and possibly dabbled or became addicted to drugs....especially if you lived in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's 90's... (although I believe they existed in the 1920's 30's, & '40's, too) of course, it's getting so that when you find a band that is sober, it's rare, unless they have already begun their sober journey....Shinedown is awesome; I'm not certain if all of the band members are sober, but at least one (or more) are. You can hear it in their lyrics.

Kansas was once mentioned as a "born again Christian band" yet I believe they were on the road to sobriety, too. There's a few more sober bands around today, I'm just really bad with remembering bands and performer's names.