View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lily
*Grateful*

Oh my goodness....your story is MY STORY, except I was a meth addict only 4 yrs not 6. Lets see....I went to see a psych cuz I was stressed out at work and kind of unable to focus. He prescribed me ADD meds. IMMEDIATELY I started to abuse them. (they were vyvanse) NO JOKE w/in a day or 2! Granted I had been clean off meth for over 21 yrs. I ran out in 20 days instead of 30. I was able to manipulate him and switch meds telling him the vyvanse caused weird reactions. So he switched me to methiphenidate. Within just a couple of weeks I was snorting them. Everytime time I would get a refill I would snort them up in 6-7 days. My relationship w/ my husband became so strained cuz he had NO IDEA and I didn't want him to know...I hated it when he was around. This went on from August to December 2010. I quit my REALLY GOOD job and isolated BIG TIME! I lost 2 GREAT friends from church cuz of my WEIRD behavior (incessive talking and meanness) and I was so paranoid I almost had a heart attack.

Really as far as ADD goes let me tell you my theory. "control and manipulation" this is true in MOST cases. You want what you want when you want it, screw everyone else. I don't wanna listen. I interrupted people constantly...I was always bored....I was rude and unkind. All I needed to do is grow up.

I got clean and sober on Dec. 28, 2010. I am so thankful I didn't die.

Think long and hard before you (a former meth addict like me) gets any Rx's for ADD meds. Allow your body more time to come around. Remember you are only human, NOT a machine. Your brain needs to re-wire a bit more and watch your sugar intake. Eat healthy and you will feel amazing! Lots of fruits and veggies.

Blessings, Lily