Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JT1477

Dispatches: I just wanted to say congrats to you in getting off the suboxone. It's quite inspirational to be honest. I've been on the sub for roughly 4 years, too long. I am under a doctor's care and have been the entire time yet I feel it's still too long that I've been on it yet that's all on me and the time never seemed 'right' to get off of it. Last fall I went cold turkey after being on 4 mg a day b/c I was scheduled for surgery. Some doctors informed me that I would still be able to receive nesseccary pain relief even if I stayed on a low dose of the sub yet others felt that I needed to be off of it and cleared from my system. I felt better to be safe then sorry so I jumped. Sure enough after roughly 3 days it hit and I was not mentally or emtionally prepared to jump, but felt pressure too so I did. It was rough no question. I am back on 2 mg a day and have been for a while now. Sooner or later I must find the right time and get off of this and that is what I would really want. I wanted to say job well done to you and best of luck going forward! You show that it is possible.