Old 04-07-2012, 05:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
hardy

First I am not involved with AA or NA so my opinion doesn't hold much weight. I think people are being hard on you and not letting you be proud that you've managed to stay away from alcohol. In a perfect world, you would stop alcohol and drugs and I'm sure that is your goal. Sometimes it seems to me that some people on here that have at least a few years of sobriety, tend to be harsh if others haven't gotten there yet. That's my perception so think of it what you will. I understand why you want that chip and I think you deserve it but I think you should be honest with your group. That way you can feel good about making it a year but not feeling like your hiding things fro your group. If they don't think you should get your chip then I'd listen to what they tell you. When you have so many things you know you need to overcome, it's okay to celebrate one success at a time. If you let others tell you that your not doing it right or how they want you to do it, you will think you aren't making progress. I'm not saying to keep using drugs, but I am happy you are doing well at least with alcohol. Why not start day one without drugs on your year alcohol date and then next year you can decide if you want the one year or two year chip.