Old 04-07-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

You can get a 10 year coin if you want one.

You can drink today and get a 20 year chip if you tell em you deserve one.

For me, I try to remember that warning in "How it Works" that reminds me success in the AA program involves honesty. We all have our own perceptions of what honesty means to us and I'm not God so I can't tell you what honesty means to you and how it applies in this situation.

Considering you're in AA then I'd advise you to do what we do.......apply the principles of the steps to our reality, to the situations in life that come up, and seek the truth with the help and guidance of the HP of our choosing. So, along those lines, I try to identify if I'm trying to manage something.....if I'm trying to impress MY WILL upon a situation or whether I'm accepting my true place and roll and trusting God. Am I doing what I WANT or what the God of my understanding wants? Am I seeking out a better relationship with this HP who's help I need so much and, as a thank-you, am I trying to live my life as He would want me to?

CAN you? sure. SHOULD you? - thats up to you, your conscience, your sponsor, and your HP to sort out. I marked YES because you can..... should you....that's the question......and it's tough questions like that I've found the best answers to in prayer.