View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CleanBreeze

The dose of Suboxone someone needs to be on depends on that individual person. Some need higher doses while others do okay at lower doses. There are many factors that contribute to the dose someone would need, its not just how much you used. Also you do NOT build up a tolerance to Buprenorphine like you would oxys, that means as you stabilize on Sub you should be able to taper your dose, not increase it. The first couple days on Sub you might experience what some would call a "high" feeling or feel a little off but after a few days your body will adjust and you will just feel normal, you will not get no type of euphoria from Sub if you are taking it like you are supposed to, even if you try to take more of it to get high, it will not work. It is next to impossible to get "addicted" to Sub if you are taking it for opiate dependence. Many people get the terms "dependent" and "addicted" confused. You might become dependent on Sub and thats why to get off it you would need a good taper plan but you will not become "addicted" to it. The reason Sub withdrawal will last a little longer in duration compared to oxys is because of the half-life of it. Its good that it has a long half-life because then you only need to dose once a day to keep withdrawals away but kinda sucks cause it does take longer to leave your system. Sub withdrawals are mild compared to percocet or heroin, they are no wheres near as bad if you taper low enough then jump, some people have even tapered so low that they came out with next to no withdrawals. The key is to taper as low as possible and let your body get used to each dose reduction before reducing more. Many people just think because withdrawals from Sub last longer that they are worse and thats not true. SuboxForum is a great site and there is very knowledgeable people there when it comes to Suboxone and Methadone. I just had to post this info because I was reading the other posts and there was alot of info posted about Sub that was incorrect and I believe people should have the right info because it could mean life or death, opiate addiction is nothing to play with. Also, one last thing I wanted to put out there was about Naloxone. Naloxone is basically a drug they pointlessly put in Suboxone, people can still shoot it if they wanted and it would do nothing and its inactive when taken orally. Basically its there but mise well not be because it does not do anything at all, its just there. Good Luck with your recovery and I wish you all the best.