Old 09-28-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BlueJay

Jon (& SR Forums Team):
Sad, since this area ALWAYS linked us to Al-Anon; in real time. I'm holding the book, "Lois Remembers" (1979, 1st Printing-I bought it in 1979) in my lap, open to pages 194-195, where Lois, "co founder of Al-Anon and wife of the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous," states: "But the survival of our "A's" depends on growth-growth in spirit more than in numbers. We believe the principles upon which AA and Al-Anon are founded are fundamental for all time and all people. And yet individual acceptance and applications of these principles must continue to GROW or WE AS SOCIETIES WILL PERISH. FOR STAGNATION IS RETROGRESSION. THERE IS NO STANDING STILL." I don't think this was written in jest or light-heartedly.
(Please note: CAPS are my own). I wonder if these Attorneys have read Lois' book. The world is much different than it was in 1979. (Personal computers, for example. Saving grace for those who can't get out to meetings). Still, I am always reminded at SoberRecovery that I can always return to Al-Anon: AGAIN.
Wondering what Lois would think-doubt she'd like these limitations, but cannot know. Kudos to SoberRecovery (thank you, Jon & Forums Team).
BlueJay

Last edited by BlueJay; 09-28-2004 at 10:43 AM. Reason: didn't quote correctly