View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kayla5

Sundrop19, i understand you completely my doctor treated me with much disrespect the first time i went there. to him, everything i said was a lie and it didn't matter because he already had his mind made up. the next time i went back i was feeling much better and looking much better. My doctor went from treating me like someone with a contagious disease to hitting on me. ( go figure right?) he has now done many things to make me consider switching to a new doctor, so i am looking now.
As for suboxone, it has helped me through a lot, however i have now learned that when it comes time to get off of this, the feeling of withdrawal will be just as bad if not worse then getting off the painkillers. i tried to get off sub from 1mg and i failed miserably. my doctor has brought me back up to 4mgs because i ran through the program as if i was running a marathon and my body couldn't handle it. I am in more pain than imaginable feeling as though i was hit by a bus. so my advice to you is that if you are going to continue with the sub than take your time, don't let anyone pressure you to get off it faster than you are ready for, and follow what your body is telling you. if you don't think a maintenance program is for you than sub isn't for you. follow your gut and good luck to you on your road to recovery!