View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stopdropburn
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Hi Carbie! Welcome to the family Glad to hear you're so adamant about this! You might have a few more rough days to get through....was about a week and a half for me....though I got sick from it also, so maybe longer than it should have been. I'm a little over a month out, sleep patterns aren't prefect - but Melatonin has made a huge difference, fatigue still at times - but changing my diet to eating healthy and taking vitamins also makes a huge difference, and my energy levels fluctuate - but I've found that I feel much better during and after working out lately. You just have to be mentally prepared to ride it ALL out, no matter what you're feeling each day, and try to focus even on the good little things....like that you didn't take a pill, that you don't have to fear running out, that you don't need to chase more, that you will have money in your pockets again.....there's a lot to hold onto in recovery, as long as you make a conscious effort to do so. I found myself just getting happy in those first few days, as bad as I looked, to just see my own reflection in the mirror and say "You are clean...you didn't take anything today, you will be healthy soon" - and it always put a smile on my face. A couple days in and you are almost there, even if you have a few more bad days, you can tough it out and get off that roller coaster and enjoy your family and life again!! Good luck and keep us posted.