View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Carbie

new here...day 3 off oxycodone

Hi folks! I am on day 3, hour 51 to be specific, since my last dose of oxycodone...i had started slow about 4 years ago with the addiction taking hold around 3 years ago...i was using typically anywhere from 60-150mg a day, depending on supply and mood...and in the last 4 or 5 months i had started snorting it rather than just popping them...Friday I was running out and had that same familiar panic set in and it just pissed me off...heres this addiction taking my time with my boyfriend and with my kids away...its draining my bank account...its immobilizing me so that i can't just go have a good time without being sure i have pills...DONE!! So..Sunday was the worst even though i had a dose, allbeit a small one, in the early morning...by Sunday night it was like death walking...or not walking as the case may be...i couldn't even look at my phone to send a text message and i just puked and puked all day...yesterday i called in to work, still wasnt feeling good, still puking, still unable to eat, but slightly more alive...today it is getting a bit better...took one more day off work...i've had a couple saltines and a peice of dry toast...first thing id eaten since saturday night...even had a smoke this morning which, while i realize is an adddiction too, was nice to feel like i could do that normal activity without a pill...sleep is really tough but i was able to get a couple hours last night thanks to immodium and unisom...i feel like im going to make it...about how long shuold i expect these withdrawals to last? anyone? am i going to start to feel really better soon?

thanks in advance for all the help and support!!