View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stopdropburn
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@Still Georgia! Hahaa....that made me smile super hard! I couldn't tell you one town from another over there either!

@sundrop He's got you on two whole strips a day? Holy crow! That's a ton for what you were using......I was jumping back and forth between Oxy's/Roxy's and Methadone heavily when I first tried Suboxone.......I started with 2mg in the am and 2mg in the pm, might have felt a little uncomfortable in the middle, but it was bearable. I always hear people getting started at such high doses, it's no wonder people are on them for months, then it's hard to get off because they continue to want Subs and they started so high up the taper is forever. I could have stopped using years ago, but I became just as heavily addicted to Subs when I didn't immediately start tapering, and continued to increase my dose to feel more, just like every other pill I ever took. The less you take and stick to from the start, the easier it is to taper down and quit - *I'm not telling you how to use them or advising you differently* - but it's reality. You're body will taper however you make it, and is dependant on how much discomfort you're willing to deal with - most people refuse to feel ANY w/d symptoms, thus they take as much as they need to get a buzz or at least feel "normal". I always believed it's smarter to take just enough to qwell MOST of the symptoms, if you can feel ok like that, then you know you don't need more Subs and can continue dropping by .5-1mg until you're done. I'm a firm believer that Subs can be tapered by 1mg or more per week, cutting out all the BS of "wanting/needing/fear", I know this works fine on the body as I've done it more than once. I don't agree with all these people getting prescribed months or years of Suboxone - it's purpose is to quit opiates, not to switch to a new one. You will still go through some w/d, especially if you're going to be on it for months, seems easier to get it out of the way sooner rather than later. I think 2 strips is waaaay more than you should be needing, that's just my opinion though. I hope the best for you in your recovery.

P.s. - The 8mg/2mg is buprenorphine and naloxone. The Buprenorphine is a partial-opiate that binds to your opiate receptors, the Naloxone is the antagonist that will make you feel nothing or become violently ill if you take full opiates when it's in your system. But just for kicks, did you know that the non-synthetic base of Buprenorphine is derived from Thebaine - which comes from Opium Poppy - and is 20-40x stronger than morphine? Just an idea of how people can become just as addicted. Take care.