Old 03-04-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
My stbxAH fits many of the criteria (as observed by two separate therapists of HIS) for Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. I suspect that many people who suffer from these also suffer from addiction-- a self medicating kind of thing.

The book "stop walking on eggshells" is a good eye opener for a lot of BPD behavior. And frankly even if someone doesn't have BPD, the behaviors it describes seem to fit a lot of A behavior too...
I second this book! I, for many years, thought my husband was borderline but then I started thinking he was a dry drunk. Then he started drinking again so then I really had a conundrum on my hands. I finally decided that his craziness was HIS to own and that I needed to learn how NOT to get sucked into his crap, drinking or not(BPD or dry drunk, doesn't really matter) so I got myself into Al Anon and I'm not looking back. My AH decided it would be fun to throw in antidepressants into his mix, too, so that doesn't help things even though he's now stopped drinking due to a DUI.