Old 02-29-2012, 03:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
rooblet

I did it at home and I wouldn't recommend it. No sleep for the first 4 days and I checked blood pressure frequently. Then horrible sleep/anxiety/depression that tapered off after a long time. Look at the http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html topic. I haven't posted there yet. Luckily I didn't have seizures (that I remember) but I could be a poster child for all the other bad stuff listed there.

Like you, about 6 hours was my processing time before the crap storm would start. If I let it go to 8 hours the impending doom and panic would start. Then the +100 bpm on a heart that is trying to jump out of your chest. Red blood is scary. Black blood is scarier since it is occurring so much higher in the tract.

Do this in a controlled setting under the care of trained professionals since your life really could be at stake. The other responses to your post urge you to get qualified care and they are 100% right. Statistics that I looked at ranged from 5% to 15% chance of death for those that went into DTs, but I don't know if that includes suicides or not. Those first few days for some people (like me) are total insanity and you can't trust what you might do. It is bad but it passes.